Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Self Realization


I think I found something out about myself that I 'm not sure if I like or not. I have realized that I'm not as forgiving as I should be.? It's one of those things- I can call myself fat, but if you do, I'm gonna get real mad at you things. The other day as I was walking in a large, annoying store, a mom and her kids were walking toward me in the aisle. The mom was pushing a shopping cart with a little one in the seat, a carrier in the basket portion and a little boy about 4 years old walking backwards beside her. I had no cart, just me walking in the aisle. The closer they got, I started worrying the little boy was going to run into me, because he was walking backwards not looking at me. I had no where to go to get out of the way, I was pinned between boy and shelves. The little boy looked up right in time to dodge me and they went on their way. I played out the scene in my mind, with the mom saying something like, "Bobby (little boy:) watch where you are going!" and I would reply politely, "No problem, Isn't he cute?" and we would be on our way. But as it was all going down, the mom, even though she was aware of the situation never said a word. We came within a fraction of an inch of him running into me. But because the mom didn't utter a sound, I was a bit frustrated. I was ready to be forgiving and even complimentary, but because the other adult involved acted like nothing was wrong, I was perturbed.
So here's my dilemma, why can I be nice and forgiving IF the other party asks for forgiveness, but if they don't ask or act sorry, why does it make me upset? I've a a few of these situations lately that have brought this reaction in me to the forefront of my mind. I guess I better get one of those stretchy WWJD bands to wear on my wrist, and whenever something like this happens again, I will snap that bracelet until I either stop having bad thoughts or get a big welt on my arm :)
Thanks for listening :) xoxoxo

2 comments:

  1. Because asking for forgiveness or being apologetic is the correct thing to do. People have forgotten how to be polite. That's why it makes me upset. But then I guess if I get upset it doesn't show a very good example. I don't know I just wish people would have more curtesy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Wendy. I love you, You think the same way I do. I love that about you. It makes me feel less evil knowing someone as good as you thinks the same things sometimes. I try to remind myself (more and more often lately, it seems) that I will have all of eternity to perfect my attitude and straighten up my thought process. I just hope someone will bring me a glass of ice water as I understadn it will be hot as you-know-what while I work on this dilemma. ;)

    ReplyDelete