Sunday, October 10, 2010

Some Things That Make Me Smile :)

Here are a few recent photos that just make me smile :)
Eddie got the chance to take a work related trip to Boston.
He almost turned it down because "I'll miss the opening day
of the muzzle loader hunt!"
Oh my goodness. Are men weird or what?
After a bit of talking to- he changed his mind :)
and got to visit a part of the U.S. he's never been to before.
That thought alone makes me smile,
The picture below is of Fenway Park-
home to the Boston Red Sox.
Now Eddie is in no way a baseball fan,
so when he came home with multiple picture of this
ball park and calling it with much familiarity,
and in a manly voice-
the Big Green Monster,
that really made me smile. :)
I'm so glad he went, and btw, so is he. He says
we both need to go back a spend a while site seeing!


This next pic of a little boy with a great big grin
really makes me giggle.
It's Mags.
He has grapes stashed in his mouth like a squirrel
and was hamming it up for me.
When I asked him "should I get the camera
and take your picture?"
He quickly nodded yes and reloaded with
fresh new grapes! What a nut.
He's only two. What are we gonna do with him when
he realizes how goofy he can be? They
say the nut doesn't fall far from his dads tree :)
************************

This picture gets me smiling in a misty eyed kind of way.
For a couple of weeks my Uncle Neil was here from CA.
This is my mom and her posse.
Starting from the left-
Uncle Lynn and Aunt NaDean (mom's sister)
Uncle Eldon and Aunt Colleen (mom's brother)
Mom
Uncle Neil (mom's brother)
only Aunt Faye was missing.
If you look close at mom's face- you notice it's kind of
raccoon-y looking.
That's because the crazies went fishing- in a boat-
and got totally sunburned.
When she's with her posse, she'll
do things I would never dream she'd do.
Climb in a boat. Neil has a walker right now,
did that stop him? no.
I love that my mom's family LOVE to be together.
It's a great example for their children.
I love being with my sisters
and I think my kids love to be together too.
What a legacy to pass on.


This next picture puts a sad little smile on my face
just because I know how hard Sierra worked
with this darn sheep.
And how much she learned to love it.
Kevin.
I feel bad the sheep didn't show any better
than she did. I'm not sure why
she could get such high marks at the
county fair and then not so good ones at State.
I hope Sierra is still proud of her efforts
because she should be.
Sierra never quit, she learned she could do hard things,
and I was the MOST proud when-
we learned Sierra's sheep came in last of her class-
Sierra held it together, with her head held high
and still loved her sheep.
We Clark girls are known for easy tears.
something I hate about myself -
so I was extra proud of my girl.

This last picture was taken at the fair.
I couldn't believe my eyes.
And of course it made me smile while
I gagged a little bit :)
deep fried chocolate covered bacon. ?
who doesn't love that?

Smile.
xoxoxoxoxoxo

2 comments:

  1. Those are some great things to make you smile.

    BTW I have a friend that has tired Chacon (chocolate covered bacon) but not the deep fried kind. She says it's really good. Strange but true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Mags face!! Oh my goodness! And I've thought a lot about Grammy's siblings and your siblings and my siblings loving to be together. We are very blessed! :) So fun!

    ReplyDelete