Thursday, June 17, 2010

I Think I'm Finally Over It.....Thanks Lisa

I love that my girls are going through what I went through as a young mom :) It's not a "I hope you have kids just like you someday" kind of thing. It's a "Oh, I'm not alone in the world" and "I wasn't such a weird, wimpy, complaining for nothing mom" kind of a feeling. Lisa's last post made me feel awesome! I know she is going through a hard, frustrating time, and I'm sorry for that. But at the same time, it's exactly the feeling I had for so many years. It validates my feelings. Sorry Lisa- but thank you for expressing my feelings so well and for having them in the first place! You're a chip off the old block! ( It makes me want to laugh hysterically - hahahahahahaha- I feel better now. Too many long years of built up emotions. ahhhhhhhh)

to read Lisa's blog for yourself-
http://thefabfam.blogspot.com/2010/06/what-i-hate-about-title-sahm.html?

5 comments:

  1. W--tell Lisa she is a valued member of the SAHM club. We encourage one another--becasue no one else really does. We know it is the right thing to do/place to be/way to live--but understanding that comes L O N G after induction into the club.

    I have felt the same way too, often and recently. But knowing WHY I do the things I do (and conversely, the WHY NOTS as well) help some of that picked on feeling. Well, that and the caller ID that helps me screen for calls sent to me by the RS President who "just knew I'd love to help since I was home". ;)

    Hang in there Lisa, and Wendy, and everyone eles in our little club. The Hand the Rocks the Cradle, also Rules the World...and all that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo, Shauna, reading "the Hadn that Rock the Cradle, Rules the World" just gave me chills! I know I've heard it before, but something just clicked! Awesome!! :) And Ma, I love you and your hysterical laughter. :) And that your favorites today are family, country, steel cut oats and buffy, (oh and beautiful creatures, that I still haven't read yet:( ) how could anyone ask for a better Mom? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey and how'd you do the three column blog? You need to teach me!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, one more thing...I JUST read this and Lisa, Kira, Wendy, and anyone else, you might see something here that I saw too:

    "As I walked away from the September 2002 General Relief Society Conference, I wondered how many times I would need to be told that the little things I am doing are the most important things before I really believed it. At that meeting Sister Parkin, the General Relief Society President, reminded us, "When it comes to families, we cannot afford indifference and distraction. Childhood is a vanishing wonder ... Sisters, the Lord needs women who will teach children to work and learn and serve and believe. Whether they are our own or another's, we must stand up and state, "Here am I; send me to watch over your little ones, to put them first, to guide and protect them from evil, to love them" (Ensign, November 2002, 105)."--by Kimberli Pelo Robinson, from Meridian Magaizine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the uplift Shauna. No wonder there is so much opposition to the job of being a mother. Such an important place to be.

    ReplyDelete