Tuesday, April 6, 2010

My First Post.

You might ask me, "why the title, Clouds in My Eyes"? I'll tell you why. Because I like it and because it lyrics from a song that I have loved for years. I tried to think of a title that expressed me, that I have ties to, and that is what I came up with. When I was in 9th grade, Elton John came out with "Daniel" and I took possession of it way back then. It's one of those songs that when you hear it, it takes you back to the first time you heard it. I can smell the smells, see the sights and feel like a kid again when I hear it. When I hear the first notes I am once again traveling in the back of an old, hot, stuffy camper on my way to SoCal to visit Disneyland -Daniel is traveling tonight on a plane, I can see the red tail lights...... See there are those feelings all bubbling up inside of me....again. It is a bitter sweet time in my life. A trip to Disneyland, who wouldn't love it? Traveling with my cousins, going from Utah to CA with them. What a trip- and I mean trip as in crazy. Cousins who thought CA was somewhere in Utah, because they'd never been farther than Salt Lake City. That kind of trip. But it was good to get away from home. We went in March and I had just lost a brother to cancer in December. It was a runaway from thoughts trip. That song pulled through some hard times.
To me the line "I can see Daniel waving goodbye. Oh, it looks like Daniel must be the clouds in my eyes" meant that is what he is focused on- his brother Daniel. The clouds in his eyes are what made him happy, fulfilled and even sometimes made his judgement fuzzy when he tried with all his might to make others happy. I don't have any idea what Elton (I hope he doesn't mind that I call him by his first name, but I have loved him for years) I don't know what he meant by it, but this is my blog. The clouds in MY eyes are those things that I focus on, that make me happy and even cloud my judgement. So who knows what you'll find here, because those things change daily. I go through stages, this week is my blue stage. Don't worry it won't always be so sober, trust me, my life is too crazy to be sad. Just stating facts and it's my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment