Monday, January 3, 2011

I Think I'm Losing It

      So I just got a phone call from my sister asking what time my mom will fly into Long Beach. I, very nonchalantly NONCHALANTLY,  say "Oh, it's about noonish- let me look it up. blah, blah, blah" I knew, knew, KNEW she flew out on Thursday around noon. Ummmmm, no, let me look at the itinerary again- 
"she'll fly out at 6:10 pm.........
TOMORROW!!!!! 
oh my heck. 
Talk about PANIC!! 
We are not even close to being ready for her to leave. Things take time, time when dealing with her. 
     My stomach hurts. I would have received a phone call tomorrow evening from my sister, "did everything go okay getting mom on her flight?" And I would have been sitting at home thinking, huh? 
    Thank goodness my sister called. Thank goodness mom got to hang out with her siblings tonight, that their get-together wasn't planned for tomorrow night. Thank goodness mom was WITH her sibs when I gave her the news, or I might be typing this with only one arm or without my teeth :) She took it like a man with her sibs there :) 
   I really think I am losing my marbles. I am just so grateful that someone is watching out for me. I really need a break.

3 comments:

  1. Holy smokes! hahahaha!! Yeah, good luck with that one. I'm sure you'll be running to Walmart tomorrow morning and all sorts of stuff! That's crazy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the same way lately (by lately I mean all the time). I have two ladies ordering invites whose user names both start with "L's" but have nothing else in common and I keep e-mailing the wrong one with the other ladies info. Very professional. :)

    I didn't even know Grandma was going to CA! No wonder the need for her suitcase. How long is she gone for?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendy--I hope you give yourself more slack than it sounds like. Loosing your marbles--while I enjoy my visits there too--might just be God's way of telling us we are doing too much. And care-giving for a parent is the toughest job out there, at least that I have seen. I am glad your mom gets to visit at your sister's, and that you get a break. It will work out--just not always like she (your mom) might expect, prefer or demand. LEarning to be flexible was the lesson I gleaned from watching my mom care for my grandparents when we were growing up, and then again recently as I was able to help care for my dear friend Tammy with her ALS for three years. Things can get done/sent/fixed/accomplished without having to do it "their" way exactly. It still gets done. And they'll eventually come around to the getting done, rather than their way bit.

    Love to you my friend. Hang in there.

    PS--My "word verification" word was just 'excesses'. Hahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete